VUKO will seek to ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects during the registration processes will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating its websites or any of its services and it will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on the information provided.
How we collect information
VUKO collects information from you directly from your input during registration process.
Information you provide
The types of personal information that VUKO collects directly from you may include:-
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Educational and professional interests and background information.
- Usernames and passwords.
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a VUKO service.
- Communication preferences.
In order to access this platform and make use of additional functionality and features of VUKO websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request the above listed information.
There is no option that you choose to register and sign in by using any third party account (such as your Facebook , Gmail, Yahoo account). The only way available is to register by directly creating account with VUKO.
Use of your information
VUKO may use your personal information in the following ways:-
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us.
- To send you periodic catalogues from VUKO, if you have consented to receive them.
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, if you have consented to receive this information.
- For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information.
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns.
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- For any other purpose that we may notify you off from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of your information
VUKO will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:-
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services.
- If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement.
- In order to comply with the law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms of Services or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others.
- In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of VUKO relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity.
- Where necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, providing we have your consent.
VUKO may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including "page views" on this website and the products therein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross border transfers
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
Disclosure in chat rooms or forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information such as your name or e-mail address that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users could be collected and disclosed by others. VUKO cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
These companies may be placing and reading cookies in the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk or using web beacons or other technologies to collect information in the course of ads being served on this website. These companies may use information other than personal information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to these and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data. If at any point you wish to access your personal information to change your preferences, upgrade account, or modify your information, you do so by login into your VUKO account.